Parras At a Glance
Parras Middle School has been serving the Redondo Beach community since opening in 1953. Our school provides a rigorous education for our students, which prepares them to be successful at Redondo Union High School. Our motivated students are high-achieving and they are able to pursue their interests in sports, music, drama and writing.
Currently 1,147 sixth through eighth grade students are enrolled at Parras.
- Our Academic Performance Index is over 900, which makes us one of the highest achieving middle schools in the South Bay.
- We offer overnight science camps for all three grade levels to further enrich our students’ learning experience at Parras.
- We offer elective classes for students to pursue their interests such as drama, media technology, computers, creative writing, yearbook and leadership.
- Students have the opportunity to play in our comprehensive intermural program which has sports such as flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball.
- Our after school GATE program gives students a one of a kind experiential learning opportunity.
- We have two highly trained counselors to help our students with academic, social and emotional needs during their three years at Parras.
- Our students are placed on a core team of teachers so they can better address his/her needs.
- We have Infinite Campus Parent Portal so you can see your child’s attendance and assignment grades in real time.
- Our students receive PE everyday along with the core subjects of math, social studies, science, and language arts.
- Our sixth grade students are placed on a small team of two teachers. One will teach math and science while the other will teach social studies and language arts.
- Our teamed teachers share a common conference period each day so they can meet with parents any day of the week to address concerns.
- We have jazz band, concert band, wind ensemble, and symphonic band.
- We have a 30 minute tutorial period twice a week for all students to get additional help if needed.
- We have a new wing of classrooms with a retrofitted band room, opening the 16-17 SY.
- We have a foreign language department that offers Spanish and Chinese.
- Our teachers incorporate technology in their instruction at the highest levels to appeal to our students through our one to one chromebook program.
- Numerous student led clubs to appeal to all students who have interests outside of school.
The above information is a small sampling of what Parras Middle School offers its students. To learn more information about our outstanding school, please visit our school or call (310)798-8616.
Parras Middle School
200 N. Lucia Redondo Beach, California 90277