No news posted
Parras Incoming Student
Transition Activities 2017-2018
KEY DATES TO KNOW
Parras Counselor’s Visit Elementary Schools:
4/24 at 1:30 p.m.
5/4 at 1:15 p.m.
4/25 at 8:30 a.m.
5/5 at 1:00 p.m.
Elementary Parent Orientation- Thursday, April 20th 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.,
Parras Middle School Open House- Thursday, April 27th at 6:15 p.m. - 8 p.m.
ASB Welcome Party for Incoming Elementary Students
Wednesday, May 24th
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parras Tours for Incoming Students
Beryl and Jefferson - May 30th at 9:00 a.m.
Alta Vista and Tulita - June 1st at 9:00 a.m.
Summer Student Registration
Eighth Grade - August 22, 8:30 am - 11:30 am.
Seventh Grade - August 23, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Sixth Grade - August 24, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Camp Parras for New Incoming Students
Thursday, August 24th
12:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
First Day of School
Wednesday, August 30th
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Parras Middle School
At A Glance
Parras Middle School has been serving the Redondo Beach community since opening in 1953. Our school provides a rigorous education for our students, which prepares them to be successful at Redondo Union High School. Our motivated students are high achieving and they are able to pursue their interests in sports, music, theater arts and writing.
- Currently we have 1,210 sixth through eighth grade students enrolled in Parras.
- Parras has twice been awarded the California Distinguished School award.
- Parras earned the California Gold Ribbon Award for 2016
- Parras earned the California Green Ribbon Award-Gold Level for 2016
- We offer overnight camps for all three grade levels to further enrich our students’ experience at Parras Middle School.
- We offer elective classes for students to pursue their interests such as drama, media technology, computers, creative writing, school publications and leadership.
- Students have the opportunity to play in our intermural program which has sports such as flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball.
- Our after school GATE program gives students a one of a kind experiential learning opportunity.
- We have two highly trained counselors to help our students with academic, social and emotional needs during their three years at Parras Middle School.
- Our students are placed on a core team of teachers. This is done so teachers are better able to address your student’s needs.
- We have an online Parent Portal so you can see your child’s attendance and assignment grades in real time.
- Our students receive PE everyday along with the core subjects of math, social studies, science, and language arts.
- Our sixth grade students are placed on a small team of two teachers. One teacher will teach math and science while the other will teach social studies and language arts.
- Our teamed teachers share a common conference period each day so they can meet with parents any day of the week to address concerns.
- We have jazz band, concert band, wind ensemble and symphonic band.
- We have a new performing arts stage and an outdoor amphitheatre for performances.
- Our textbooks are online so students have access at all times.
- We have a digital library for students to download books to their eReaders and Ipads.
The above information is a small sampling of what Parras Middle School offers its students. To learn more information about our outstanding school, please visit our school website at www.parrasmiddle.org.