No news posted
The 2017-2018 Registration Packet is not currently available. We will have hard copies available in the main office beginning on August 15th. You will need to fill out the packet and bring it to your student's registration day. Our Main Office will open 8 am - 4 pm beginning on August 15th.
Parras Middle School has its 2017-2018 registration for incoming and current students on the following days:
8th Grade - August 22nd, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
7th Grade - August 23rd, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
6th Grade - August 24th, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
August 24 - Camp Parras New Student Orientation from 12:15 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Students will receive their class schedules, locker assignments, books, and other materials on their registration day. Students will be able to move their supplies into their lockers the day they register or anytime afterwards.
IMPORTANT: If your child is an incoming seventh grade student, they must have the Tdap shot or they will not be able to attend school.
To assist us in a smooth registration process, please consider the following when arriving to register:
- Attend the appropriate registration session for your child and plan for 1½ hours.
- PLEASE HAVE ALL NEEDED FORMS COMPLETED AND SIGNED BEFORE ARRIVING FOR REGISTRATION.
- Any outstanding fines and/or charges must be paid at that time. Student schedules will not be issued until the forms are returned and fines paid.
- ALL students will purchase:
- Agenda book- $5. This book contains our academic schedule for the year and is consistently used by all teachers to communicate assignments.
- Physical education clothes and PE locks- $30 total. PE clothes are $25 and $5 for a lock (locks must be purchased from the school).
- Academic locker lock- $5 (lock must be purchased from school). Students may reuse their previous year's academic lock.
- Other items are optional and can be found on the Registration Purchase Form
- 2016-17 School Pictures will be taken at registration and students should dress according to our school's dress code. This picture will be used for the yearbook and Student ID Card
If you are unable to participate in registration, a make-up registration day will be held on the first day of school in the gymnasium. Your child will receive his/her schedule on the first day of school and books. PE Clothes/Lock will be issued during registration day.
We encourage parents to accompany their children to registration. If a parent is not available, the student may come alone or with another adult, but please make sure he/she has all appropriate paperwork and checks to complete the registration process.